Recreation Administrator | Oak Ridges Soccer Club | Job Posting
Serving over 1,200 members, the Oak Ridges Soccer Club (ORSC) is a non-profit organization whose vision is to provide programs of the highest standard with a priority on player and personal development. We are seeking to hire a Recreation Administrator to assist ORSC in the running of our summer House League season and the position will run from the end of May until the end of August. The incumbent reports to the Club Administrator and their responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Communication with our volunteer HL coaches
- Make any necessary schedule changes due to weather and on field restrictions
- Ensure players are directed to their proper teams
- Ensure all players receive their uniforms
- Ensure coaches and referees are present for their scheduled game
- Assist with the organization of club events like Photo Day, our recreational festivals, tournaments and end of season celebrations
- Assist with equipment set-up, repair and maintenance
- Assist with ensuring teams and coaches in our programs have everything they need
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills customer service skills are essential
- An interest in and knowledge of soccer in general and the local soccer community
- Excellent computer skills and experience with web-based data systems (proficiency in MS Word/Excel)
- Strong organizational and time management skills, along with adaptability
- Ability to handle multiple and at times overlapping deadlines
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize potential problems and assist with resolution
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
A High School diploma is required. Previous experience in community sport administration and a genuine interest and knowledge in the sport of soccer is an asset. A satisfactory criminal record check will be required of the incumbent.
The position is mostly funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program offered by the Government of Canada. ORSC invites applications from all qualified individuals as the Club is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
This is a full-time position that requires the incumbent to work a minimum 30 hours per week. The main focus of this position will be on our House League season that runs from the end of May to the end of August. As our funding for this position is only for a 9-week term, the position may be extended to fulfill the 12-week season.
Compensation is $16/hour.
Please send your resume and cover letter (as one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested parties for their applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application deadline is May 15, 2022.