Ontario Soccer has announced their new program aimed at eliminating referee abuse in youth soccer, #NoRefNoGame.
See below for their charter:
MATCH OFFICIALS CHARTER
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. The behaviour towards the Match Officials has an impact,
directly and indirectly, on the conduct of everyone involved in the game – both on the field and on the touchlines.
The signatories to this charter are determined to reduce verbal abuse and inappropriate behaviour aimed towards Match Officials and to
positively influence behavior around the soccer field. The goal is to provide a safe, fair, and enjoyable environment for everyone involved:
players, coaches, administrators, spectators and Match Officials.
We the undersigned, Ontario Soccer District Leaders, support our Match Officials throughout Ontario and agree to abide by this Charter.
1. Serve as stewards of the game to promote positive and safe experiences for
2. Ensure through our policies and procedures that all instances of violence,
racism, aggression, unsporting behaviour, foul play and other misconduct is
managed efficiently with appropriate discipline;
3. Never tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour from
players, coaches, Match Officials or supporters;
4. Set a positive personal example by promoting good behaviour and showing
respect to everyone involved in the game;
5. Communicate with our entire membership to encourage fair play, free of abuse
towards Match Officials, players, coaches and administrators; and
6. Post signage at our fields and within our facilities promoting positive
behaviour towards Match Officials.
Match Officials have the right to:
Safe and secure premises and fields;
Have complaints dealt with fairly & promptly
Be listened to & understood free from reprisal
Be treated with dignity & respect;
Officiate without abuse & dissent;
Have their culture & diversity valued & supported
Oak Ridges Soccer is proud to follow Ontario Soccer’s #NoRefNoGame program.
For more information please click here.